In this week’s Hidden Wealth Review, as we celebrate our nation’s independence, I want to ask you a very important question. Have you established your own retirement independence? Your answer is important because there are many articles and predictions reporting that a lot of Baby Boomers will fall short in their retirement, that they will have to work longer, save more money, etc.
In working with Baby Boomers for over twenty years, we have found that getting the answers to some important questions helps Boomers avoid the pitfalls that disrupt them from having their best retirement. Here are a couple of examples.
1. How much tax are you going to pay in retirement? There are a couple of reasons why people can’t answer this question. First, we don’t know where tax rates are going to go. Then there are “hidden” taxes on Social Security and Medicare Parts B and D. Many people are unaware they could end up paying higher taxes in retirement due to their IRAs and Required Minimum Distributions which force higher taxes on retirees.
2. How much risk are you taking with your serious retirement savings? In other words, when the next 2008-type market drop strikes, how much will you lose? Many clients come to us not knowing their current risk level. We find that many people’s current allocations don’t match their risk tolerance. These clients won’t likely have another chance to recover and they are ill prepared for the consequences. This is significant since the market will only become more volatile.
3. How much in fees am I paying in my retirement accounts? We find that many Baby Boomers are unaware of the hidden fees and costs that they are paying inside of their retirement accounts. Excessive, hidden fees rob you of your rightful earnings and over time, seriously jeopardize your ability to have your best retirement.
4. What is the net amount of income that will I need monthly to sustain my preferred lifestyle? Many Baby Boomers fail to consider this question. When they arrive at retirement they discover that their only alternative is to lower their lifestyle expectations in order to avoid running out of money during retirement.
5. How much tax will my Social Security cost me? Many people do not consider the effect that taxable retirement income has on their Social Security. Too much taxable retirement income can cause up to 85% of your Social Security to be taxed and can result in higher Medicare Parts B and D premiums.
This coming Tuesday, I’ll be teaching one of the most important of our Hidden Wealth strategies. This strategy has a proven track record of measurable results. Mid-year is a great time to get really focused on your retirement and the idea of having retirement independence. This is important due to the uncertainty surrounding our economy and next year’s presidential election.
If you want to learn how to enjoy retirement independence, register for next Tuesday’s Wealth Protection Webinar while space is still available. To register for this no-cost, no-obligation educational event, go to www.RetirementProtected.com, enter your information and submit the registration. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive an email containing a personal link to join Tuesday’s event. Learn a strategy with a proven track record of measurable results that will allow you to enjoy your greatest retirement possible.
I encourage you to register for your preferred webinar time now, because these events fill up fast. Those who attend this event will receive an e-copy of my latest book, The Baby Boomer Retirement Breakthrough-The Unfair Advantage to a Safe and Secure Retirement.
-Spouses are encouraged to attend this event together-
(855) No Tax 2 U
We are excited to announce our latest press release. Great things are happening at The Hidden Wealth Solution! Click here to read the full release.
Here’s to your Hidden Wealth,